I am a Research Fellow at the Centre for Integrative Ecology at Deakin University. I create simulation models of ecosystems to assess risks to ecosystems and the services they provide. I am actively involved in the development of the IUCN Red List of Ecosystems and have co-edited the first iteration of the IUCN Red List of Ecosystems Guidelines. My other interests include IUCN Data Deficient species, biodiversity indicators, macroecology, and the use of models in conservation decision-making.
I am an award-winning scientist, having won (with the IUCN Red List of Ecosystems team) the 2015 Eureka Prize in Environmental Research from the Australian Museum; the 3rd prize for students talks at the 2013 International Congress for Conservation Biology; and the 1st prize for student talks at the 2013 Student Conference for Conservation Science in Brisbane.
I am a member of the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management and RLE Committee for Scientific Standards. I collaborate with a number of institutions: IUCN, the University of Cape Town, the Environmental Decisions Group at the University of Queensland, and the Max Planck Institute for Demography in Denmark. I am also a member of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Risk Analysis.
- 2017: Research Fellow, Deakin University, Australia.
- 2014: Research Associate, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
- 2012: Business analyst, Hiscox Insurance, London, UK.
- 2010: Cryogeny analyst, European Centre for Nuclear Research (CERN), Switzerland.
- 2009: Intern, Species Programme, IUCN, Switzerland.
- 2010-2014: PhD, Zoological Society of London and Imperial College London.
- 2007-2010: BA (Hons) First Class, Biological Sciences, University of Oxford.